Thursday 23 September 2010

Chicken and chips

By my reckoning in the 8 days I have been in Malawi, I have now had Chicken and Chips for lunch 6 times, with a Beef stew and a packet of biscuits making up the other two.  The time has come for a bit of experimentation with my diet!

The locals eat a maize concoction called Nsima which has the consistency of cotton woll and the colour of milk - I think I will continue to swerve that, however, in the relatively swanky restaurants that are our lunchtime haunts the menu does stretch to rice or beans with your Chicken/Beef/Fish so plenty of opportunity to mix it up.

Dinner time is a more varied affair, with Maggie and Able at the guesthouse whipping up a storm each night - albeit a storm with rice as the side.

That said, I have just had a samosa brought to my desk - so there is hope!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see your acclimatising well! Any chance of some pics of you and the team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check you out bro, king of blogs! Keep it up, if only to keep me amused whilst subbing kids tv! xx

    ReplyDelete